Radioactive Waste Segregation
each waste type, segregate radioisotopes by half-life:
15 days (such as 32P and 111In)
- 28 days (such as 33P and 51Cr)
- 60 days (such as 59Fe and 125I)
- 90 days (such as 35S)
days (such as 3H, 14C, 57Co, 22Na, 45Ca)
Waste Labeling And Storage
labels and containers provided by EH&S for labeling and storage
of radioactive waste. Call EH&S at 824-4862 to request empty containers
place liquid container in secondary containment to adequately contain
all of the contents of the container/spilled materials.
storage areas with " Caution Radioactive Material" signs
that include the magenta trefoil radiation symbol.
containers closed when not in use.
- Do not dump it down the drain!
- Do not dispose of radioactive materials/waste via sinks or trashcans.
- Do not intentionally evaporate radioactive materials/waste.